Saturday 24 January 2015

New Year. New Me.

On 31 December 2014 I wrote down a list of New Years resolutions, they went something like this:

1. Loose 10kgs
The usual get fitter, be healthier and get skinner resolution. This year I am determined to make this happen. While I may have almost had a mid-life crisis when I turned 20 years-old, I have come to the conclusion that I am in fact still a "spring-chicken". Therefore it is worth hating myself for a few months while not indulging in chocolate, for the many years ahead of loving a new "hotbod". 

In order to do this I have come up with rules/resolutions to help me:
* only water, alcohol, tea and coffee - no drinking my calories!
* use my fitnesspal app everyday to keep me on track
* eat slower... You don't have to finish your food!



2. Be well-rounded
You remember those kids in school who got the "well-rounded" badge for being good at music, academics, sport etc. Well at the end of last year I told myself I wanted to be a better person and I chose the "well rounded" phrase for motivation. And although I found myself tired, I was happier in every aspect of my life. I made sure I was excercising everyday, eating well and happy allowing myself the occasional treat, being nice to everyone I can across and making sure I kept up to date with all my university work. I felt better than ever!! I want to continue this in 2015, I love keeping the positive energy flowing!

3. Use all the clothes in my wardrobe
Don't let those poor clothes stay negelcted, wear them or give then to someone who needs them. And a major plus, you can do laundry less frequently! Yippee! 

4. Choose happiness 
2014 was one of the best years of my life, because I chose to leave my hometown and go out on my own. While I miss my family while I'm away, I am happier than ever. I have made amazing friends, grown as a person and am studying the perfect degree. I always want to strive to be happy and to make choices, no matter how hard, to be my ideal self. 

And here I am, 23 days into 2015, 2kgs lighter and still haven't done my laundry. CHEERS to the New Year!!




No comments:

Post a Comment